
My goal is to be able to knit Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks with fingering weight yarn on one US #0 40 inch circular needle. But first I'm going to knit one Sample Sock with leftover Class Sock Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi) weight yarn on one US #5 40 inch circular needle. There are so many things to remember when learning how to do this that I had to make a list.
Judy's Magic Cast-on: 16 sts (8 sts per needle)
Yarn tail over index finger.
Working yarn over thumb.
Loop around Top Needle.
Loop bottom needle around yarn tail.
Loop top needle around working yarn.
Repeat until there are 8 loops on each needle (16 sts total).
End with a loop on the bottom needle (tail yarn).
Pull tail yarn over working yarn and to the back, out of the way. Knit first side (8 sts), rotate. Place marker on first st.
Knit through back loops on second side (8 sts), rotate.
K1, M1R (working yarn to back), Knit to next-to-last st, M1L (working yarn to front), K1, rotate.
K1, M1R (working yarn to back), Knit to next-to-last st, M1L (working yarn to front), K1, rotate.
Knit evenly all around.
Repeat 4., 5., and 6. until there are 32 sts total (16 sts on each needle).
I don't know why it has been so difficult for me to get my head wrapped around doing this, but I am making progress, albeit, slowly. I've been doing a lot of frogging.
KnittingHelp.Com: Increases.
Once the toe is shaped, Knit evenly around for the Foot until the Sample Sock measures 2 inches from the tip of the toe.
No comments:
Post a Comment