
I've finished the cuff on both socks. The cuff was done with K2, P2 Ribbing, and was 15 rows, or 3 inches. It was slow going, and in spite of trying to pay close attention to correcting mistakes, a few crept in anyway. Still, this is the best I've done since I learned how to kit. The most common error I'm making is forgetting to put the yarn in front of the needle, or behind the needle, when making a knit or a purl stitch. I will put a lifeline through the loops that are on the needles, before I start working on the legs. I'm planning to do the legs in St st, so maybe the progress will be a little faster. The pattern says to work pattern of choice until leg measures 8.75 inches from CO, or desired length to top of heel. If I go the full 8.75 inches, I have 5.75 inches to go. I averaged 5 rows per inch in the cuff. If that continues to hold true, I'll need to knit about 28 or 29 rows to get to the top of the heel. I'll see how it looks at 5, 6 and 7 inches and make a decision.
When threading the lifeline through the loops, take care NOT to stab the yarn.
ReplyDelete