
The toe was e-wrapped. St st for the foot. Knitted flat st for the heel and leg. K2, P2 ribbing for the cuff.

I used a heavily modified version of this pattern:
Toe Up Slippers Pattern
Created by Deb Saunders (debsueky)
Supplies Needed:
One skein 4-ply worsted weight yarn
Blue Knifty Knitter loom
Looming tool
Tapestry needle
Directions:
Begin with the toe section:
Holding two strands together as one, make a slip knot and attach
the yarn to peg #12.
Cast on by e-wrapping from peg 12 back to peg 1, and continue back
to include peg 24.
Wrap pegs 1 thru 12, knit off, and turn on peg 13.
Wrap pegs 12 thru 2, knit off, and turn on peg 1.
Wrap pegs 2 thru 11, knit off, and turn on peg 12.
Wrap pegs 11 thru 3, knit off, and turn on peg 2.
Wrap pegs 3 thru 10, knit off, and turn on peg 11.
Wrap pegs 10 thru 4, knit off, and turn on peg 3.
Wrap pegs 4 thru 11 and knit off.
Wrap pegs 11 thru 3 and knit off.
Wrap pegs 3 thru 12 and knit off.
Wrap pegs 12 thru 2 and knit off.
Wrap pegs 2 thru 13 and knit off.
Wrap pegs 13 thru 1 and knit off.
Take the loops from the starting edge and hook them onto the
empty pegs (13 thru 24).
For the ankle section, wrap and knit off all pegs (1 thru 24) for
5 rows.
For the cuff, do 5 rows of ribbing (knit the odd numbered pegs and
purl the even numbered pegs).
Cast off using the flat removal method. Weave in yarn tails using
the tapestry needle.
Done!
Notes:
To "turn on peg X," if there is a loop on the peg, lift it off with
the looming tool, run the yarn behind the peg, then return the loop
to the peg. If there is no loop already on the peg, just run the
yarn behind the peg.
When knitting off a peg with more than 2 loops on it, knit off all
the extra loops, leaving just one on the peg.
The flat removal method creates a fairly tight opening. You may prefer
to add a chain stitch between loops.
(See http://decoraccentsinc.com/flat_removal_method.html for more
detailed removal instructions.)
First of all, I used Super Bulky Weight Yarn, so I didn't have to use two strands of yarn. I ended-up having to e-wrap the short row toe, but the foot, heel, and leg were all done with a knitted stitch. I finished the cuff with K2,P2 ribbing. For the Bind-Off, I did a simple sewn stitch through each loop with a tapestry needle. Finally, I wove-in the loose ends.
I frogged the first pair of Knifty Knitter socks I did (the Chunky Ribbed Socks), so I can use the yarn to experiment with the short-row toe-up sock technique with the short-row heel. I will be trying to make a short-row toe with St st.
No comments:
Post a Comment